Monday, January 19, 2009

Friday, January 16

I got another pic of the Mint as I headed home from lunch.  Such a fabulously imposing building:



One our fantastic renovated streetcars in front of Fox Plaza:



After work I headed up Columbus and got a couple of shots of Chinatown:





Me in Chinatown:



I continued on Columbus into North Beach:





I continued on Columbus to North Point to Van Ness to Francisco to Laguna to Chestnut to Lyon and into the Presidio.  I came around on Lincoln.  This is the back of the new Disney Family Museum from Lincoln.  They've built a large glass enclosure to turn a U shaped building into a rectangular building.  The architects have really bent over backwards to preserve the integrity of the building as seen from the front.  I can't wait to see it when it's finished.



The Golden Gate Bridge from Lincoln:



The view west from the same vantage point:



The Marin Headlands:



I continued on Lincoln into Camino Del Mar and then up to the Palace of the Legion of Honor.  The sun was setting behind it and it looked kind of spooky:



I headed down to 34th to Balboa and down to the coast.  I came down the Great Highway just at sunset:



The view south:



I continued down the Great Highway to Vicente to 17th to Taravel to Merced to Hernandez to Laguna Honda to Portola to Corbett to Ord and home for dinner.  I beat Mr. Poe home by a half an hour so I made him dinner which was a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon in it and soup.  Yes, I touched bacon for him.  That's love.

Bike Mileage:
Today                                            41.8
Week to date                                 145.3
Month to date                               460.4
Year to date                                  460.4
To Goal                                     9,539.6
Over (Under) plan                            22.0

YTD Mileage vs Last Year             179.9
Rolling Year                              10,919.6
Since Inception 10/1/07             13,738.1


No comments:

Post a Comment