Saturday, January 3, 2009

Monday, December 29

We headed on down to the Asian Art Museum only to find out that it was closed on Mondays.  I should have known that.  We decided to walk downtown from Civic Center and I detoured us through crackville so that we could go into St. Boniface.  I've been there a zillion times but I'm always on my bike and I've never been in.  It's gorgeous inside.  German and a little gaudy.  Me likey:





We headed down to the Museum of Modern Art which, if I had my way, would be renamed the "Honey what the hell is this supposed to be Museum".  This is the view from the window in the gallery with the Martin Puryear exhibit.  Some of his work is beautiful and elegantly done, but sadly this view was the high point of the room.  I love remnants of San Francisco's past, and the sign advertising the flag makers is really neat:



Wall of gold, plastic Mardi Gras beads.  Fabulous? yes.  Art? sort of.  Impressed?  Not so much.  Mr. Poe and I were both waiting for Ultra Nate to come sailing through the wall and launch into "If You Could Read My Mind". 
It didn't happen.  And security wasn't amused when I did it.



From there we went and got lunch and then headed over the Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park.  Which looked gorgeous even though a lot of the stuff in them was dormant.  The Camelia's are in bloom but I didn't see any that looked better than the ones in our neighbor's back yard. 



Hello gorgeous!



More of the Botanical Gardens:



Me holding Ashley from late that night.  We both have big hair.  It's a family trait:


No comments:

Post a Comment