Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday, January 21

The weather's a changin' in San Francisco today.  It's a little cooler and much more humid as a weak storm system moves through.  I've been loving the weather we've been having but I feel kind of selfish about because we need the rain.  I headed off Corbett to Portola to Woodside to Dewey to Taravel and down to the coast.  I came up the Great Highway and then got on Geary to 34th and up to the Palace of the Legion of Honor.  This is the Holocost Memorial created by Pop Art Sculptor George Segal.  I think this piece is very evocative and one of the things I like about it is the way the rough texture of the figures gives it a throw-away performance art kind of feel.  It keeps getting defaced with swastica's which I don't get at all because San Francisco is not exactly a hotbed of white supremecy and I can't imagine that bigot are making the trip into the city to deface it.



This is the Pax Jerusalemme piece in the center of the parking lot that I have a love hate relationship with.  Today it wasn't bothering me so much:



I got on Camino Del Mar to Lake to Arguello to Clay.  These are some of the pretty homes on Clay:



Me on Clay:



I continued on Clay to Fillmore to Pacific to Powell to Jackson and through Chinatown which is so neat in the morning and then Montgomery to Clay to Sansome and into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment