Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesday, January 7

It was freezing cold yet again this morning.  I didn't even look at the weather because I didn't want to know.  Sunday, for example, I was all ready to go biking when I looked at the weather and realized it was 37 degrees outside.  I found this so discouraging I watched cartoons for the rest of the day.  IN MY BIKE CLOTHES.  Not good. 

I headed off Corbett to Portola to Woodside to Dewey to Taravel and down to the coast.  I came down the Great Highway and stopped at Lake Merced for a pic of the foggy, cold morning:



I took Skyline to Lake Merced to Winston to Cerritos to Moncada to Urbano to Pico to Ashton to De Montefort to Miramar to Ocean to Phelan to Judson to Foerster to Monterey to Diamond to Wilder to Arlington to Randall to San Jose to 29th to Tiffany to Valencia.  This gorgeous building is on Valencia around Duboce.  I'd never noticed it before and it's really nicely detailed and likely tangentally related to all those great Maya Revival buildings that we have in San Francisco from the late 20's and the 30's.  Also note that the sun seems to have finally come out.





Me at the freeway:



I continued on Valencia to Market to Sansome and into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment