Friday, February 27, 2009

Thursday, February 26 2009

My AM ride got rained out again so I came down Market into work.  It cleared up in the afternoon but it started getting much cooler.  After work I headed off Sansome to Jackson to Davis to drop off my dry cleaning.  Then I continued to Broadway to the Embarcadero to Howard where I got a great view of One Rincon Hill:



I continued on Howard to 11th to Bryant to Precita to Mission to 29th to San Jose to Arlington to Bosworth to Lyell to Alemeny to Sagamore to Brotherhood Way.  And let me tell you.  Sagamore and Brotherhood Way might be OK in the morning and on weekends, but at night during rush hour that whole area is a major eek on a bike and best to be avoided.  I continued to Lake Merced to John Muir to Syline to the Great Highway and up the coast to Fulton to La Playa to Cabrillo to 8th and into Golden Gate Park to JFK to the Panhandle to Stanyan.  Yes, Stanyan.  A reader pointed out that I've been spelling it 'Stanyon' for the longest time and that isn't correct.  Kind of like the blogger equivalent of pointing out spinach in your teeth. Thanks, Brad!  I continued on Stanyan to Page to Scott to Duboce to Castro to 17th to Ord and home for dinner.  Mr. Poe was late yet again so I the dogs and I had dinner and then I had to work a little before bed.

I'm slowly digesting all the comics I bought on Wednesday night.  It's going to take a long time.  The coolest one I've found so far is Avengers #464 in which earth is defeated by a time traveling maniac.  The entire issue is completely devoid of text.  It's amazing.  Here's Thor staggering through the streets of a destroyed Washington DC.  Amazing:




Bike Mileage:
Today                                                32.3
Week to date                                     122.6
Month to date                                   603.8
Year to date                                   1,608.4
To Goal                                         8,391.6
Over (Under) plan                              46.8

YTD Mileage vs Last Year                743.1
Rolling Year                                 11,482.8
Since Inception 10/1/07                 14,886.1

No comments:

Post a Comment