Friday, March 13, 2009

Thursday, March 12 2009

On my way home for lunch, I stopped by REI to talk about Daddy's bike with my bike guy.  He's really excited about it since it's such a cool old bike.  He pointed out that I could delay most of the upgrade for a couple of years by keeping the seven speed drivetrain.  I need new shifters on that bike anyway and although I'm usually adverse to buying stuff that I'm just going to get ride of, it makes good sense here because there's still a lot of like left in the drivetrain and wheels.  His plan would also shave 3/4 of the price of the upgrade off and make it something that I could totally afford to do this year.  Stay tuned!

I saw the remains of this accident at 16th and Mission on my way home.  D'oh!



After work I headed off Market to Turk.  This is the gorgeous staircase at the University of San Francisco:



Me on Turk:



I continued on Turk to Cabrillo to Funston and into Golden Gate Part at the Rose Garden.  Nothing is blooming yet but it's getting there:



I got on JFK and then went to Stow Lake.  There's a great view of the radio tower on Twin Peaks from there:



The Chinese Pavilion:



I got on MLK and headed for the coast.  There's a huge crane at the South Windmill so I'm guessing there's about to be excitement:



I continued on MLK to the Great Highway and took that to Taravel to Dewey to Hernandez.  This is Hernandez street at Laguna Honda.  Gorgeous:



Laguna Honda Hospital:



I took Laguna Honda.  This is Saint Brendan's.  I love this church.  I'll have better views of the gorgeous bell tower when the sun starts staying up a little longer.  It's fabulous:



The view down Portola:



I took Portola to Corbett.  This is downtown from that intersection:



Perfect:



I took Corbett to Ord and home for dinner. 

Bike Mileage:
Today                                                42.2
Week to date                                    104.9
Month to date                                   218.5
Year to date                                   1,967.9
To Goal                                         8,032.1
Over (Under) plan                               22.7

YTD Mileage vs Last Year                 525.3
Rolling Year                                 11,310.8
Since Inception 10/1/07                 15,261.4

No comments:

Post a Comment