Monday, May 20, 2013

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday I led a Different Spokes ride out to Limantour Beach on Drake's Bay.  I'd never been there before and the route looked interesting and the pavement looked OK when I looked at it on Google Street View.  Let me tell you that Google Street View seems to have a flattening affect that I wasn't aware of because it turned out to have a crazy amount of climbing but it was totally worth it because the views and the beach were so spectacular.  You pick up Limantour off of Bear Valley south of Pt Reyes Station and slowly climb up to a summit of around 800 ft.  From there it's a very fast descent--  some with 17% grade!--  down to Limantour Beach.  This is a view of the wetlands a little up from the beach:



Wanderson showing us all how to werk:



Me:



We headed back to Pt Reyes Station and ran into the Marshall ride so we had lunch with them:





We headed home and I had dinner and went to bed.  It was a fabulous ride I can't wait to do when David and Gordon get back.

Bike Mileage:

Today 102.0
Week to date 220.4
Month to date 755.1
Year to date 3,510.2
To Goal 4,489.8
Over (Under) plan 419.8
YTD Mileage vs Last Year (231.8)
Rolling Year 7,252.2
Since Inception 10/1/07 43,977.9

No comments:

Post a Comment