Monday, June 10, 2013

Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 6 is both my favorite and least favorite day.  I love the route.  A nice climb up to the top of coastal mountains followed by a crazy fast drop to Gaviota beach and then a ride down the coast into Ventura.  What I don't like is rest stop 2 where we are corralled until Caltrans opens the route up for us.  The result is a huge mass of riders leaving at the same time and sorting all that is a shit show until lunch.   I ran into Jeff and Wanderson while I was waiting:



Assembled riders:



I was all set to be one of the first riders to go when I looked down at my bike an d realized my front tire was flat.  Fuck!  Bike tech helped me change it and I wasn't so terribly delayed but the damage was done.  I was stuck passing slower riders on the 101 all the way down to Goleta and some of them were seven man pacelines that were a nightmare to get around.  It was very frustrating but thankfully I ride harder on frustration so I was soon done with all that and heading down the coast.  I got in around 12:45 and was the third rider.  I got checked into the hotel and headed over to Dukes for lunch.  They make a passable burrito and their french fries are good so I think they're a better choice than psalm laden In and Out.  Here I am midway through lunch:



I headed back to camp after lunch and saw Ms. Gaus:



Girlfriend is ridiculously cantilevered:



Ventura beach:




I went to bed early again.  My allergies were driving me nuts and I was exhausted.  Sorrry, Larry!

Bike Mileage:

Today84.3
Week to date399.9
Month to date488.7
Year to date4,451.1
To Goal3,548.9
Over (Under) plan922.3
YTD Mileage vs Last Year(185.9)
Rolling Year9,088.1
Since Inception 10/1/0744,918.8

No comments:

Post a Comment