Monday, June 10, 2013

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Friday I came into work with Mr. Poe on Muni and went to the gym before work.  Mid day I headed back for the noon spin class where SHIT WENT DOWN.  We had just started when he started up yelling at me about the hands again.  Remembering the conversation I'd had with April the manager a couple of weeks earlier, I ignored him which was very satisfying because I'm absolutely passive aggressive like that.  He proceeded to take off his headset and come to yell at me in person with the whole 'You can go ride a stationary bike in the exercise room if you can't keep up' crap.  I argued with him and told him that I was following what the class was doing and then he started in with the hand position thing again and I reached inside of myself and pulled out the response 'I don't feel like I need to do that.'.  Which made him incredibly angry.  He asked me if I'd like him to go to speak to the manager and I responded that I'd already spoken with her.  Which made him even angrier, so he left an entire class full of people in the middle of a spinning class to go in search of a manager to kick me out.  I wasn't surprised when he returned alone a couple of minutes later alone and resumed the class.  I was kind of thinking that somebody was gonna want to talk to me after class or as I was leaving but that didn't happen.  Does anybody think that this is going to be the end of all of this nonsense?  I certainly don't.  It brings me no joy that I'll bet he gets fired over all of this because he just can't leave it alone but I'm certainly not gonna get bullied by some bitchy spin coach with a Napoleon complex.  I'm on the Lifecycle for the next class so he'll get a week without me but then I'm hitting every class for the rest of the summer.  It's on.  I'm a spin class Norma Rae.

I headed home mid day to meet out house guest who was coming up to stay with us before the ride.  I hadn't met him before but we'd hosted strangers for the Lifecycle before and my friend Brendan said he was gonna be OK so I didn't worry.  He showed up dinner time and we all went to bed early.

Saturday I got up very early to go get registered for the Lifecycle.  We could have gone much later but I had a baby shower to go to so we met Buz at the Cow Palace at 8:30.  There wasn't an easy way to get us there in a car so we rode 18th to Valencia to Mission to Silver to Geneva.  Here's Alvin:



Grady and I:



TJ couldn't ride this year because of a shoulder injury.  Poor baby:



Diana and I:




Reilly bringin' the glamour:



I was done really early so I headed downtown and had lunch with Mr. Chris and David at some Mexican restaurant in Union Square.  Sadly, they put cheese in my burrito which I didn't notice for a couple of bites and which had unpleasant consequences for me later on.  Then I hopped back on the train and went down to Mission Bay to go to the shower.   Mission Bay has made such an complete transformation from when I moved here that it's unrecognizable.  Who'd have thought in 2000 that it would end up looking like this:





The Bay View Boat Club is a quirky building on the water that I hadn't been to before.  It had pretty views and a comfortable bar area and was a good choice for Stephanie's shower.  I'll admit I was kind of hoping to be in and out of there in 20 minutes but she'd started opening up presents and I had to wait for her to finish or I wouldn't have had a chance to talk to her at all.  I've been friends with Stephanie forever.  I think we met in 2002 when we did the Paradise Ride together.  I'm so happy she's having a baby and she looks beautiful.  Hooray!  Here are pics from the back deck of the boat club:




Inside



Stephanie:




I headed home and finished up packing and then we had dinner and we went to bed.  It had been a very long day.

Bike Mileage:

Today 6.3
Week to date 120.0
Month to date 6.3
Year to date 3,968.7
To Goal 4,031.3
Over (Under) plan 571.4
YTD Mileage vs Last Year (270.2)
Rolling Year 8,207.6
Since Inception 10/1/07 44,436.4

No comments:

Post a Comment