Monday, June 10, 2013

Thursday, June 6, 2013

I woke up on Thursday morning to more evidence that I'd been ambien sleep-eating again.  I was telling my friend Grady about it and he was HORRIFIED but I figure that until I wake up in my car with a bag full of McDonalds it's all good.  Day 5 is a short 42 miles and the dress is red.  I'm not gonna motivate myself enough to go out and get a red dress for the occasion so every year I wear a red outfit complete with mostly see through shorts.  I figure that's enough:



But check out the amazing outfits that other people are rocking:




I loved David's 'librarian hooker' chic:







Me with lulu, Larry and some of the sports med crew:




Jason was WORKING those heels:





It was cold and drizzly all morning which was a problem with some of the skimpy outfits so I kept moving and was OK.  I started having problems right out of bike parking.  My front derailleur had bent and it was rubbing in my big front ring so I couldn't use it which meant I was spinning very fast the whole way to rest stop one.  Bike tech fixed it in about a second which was very nice.  I headed off towards Lompoc and hauled ass up the hills towards town.  I stopped again at rest stop 2 and got some pics:



These guys are brothers.  Which is awkward because I asked them how long they'd been together.





I made it into Lompoc about 10AM and instead of going to camp I headed into town and hung out at Starbuck until Wanderson met me and then we went to lunch at Burrito Loco which is really delicious.  Their salsa and guacamole are very, very good and I look forward to eating there every year.  We headed into camp about 1:30 and got cleaned up and started wandering around.   Elliott had changed out of his dress but hadn't managed to get his lipstick off:



This guy should never take this outfit off:



I really dislike the Lompoc campground.  It's incredibly spread out which meant a lot of walking and the lawn is very uneven because of gophers.  In addition, the whole park is overun with fire ants and ducks.  I ate dinner and watched scooby doo in my tent before going to bed.  That was a very good choice.   I figured I was gonna eat in my sleep again so I actually left food out like I was Santa or something.

Bike Mileage:

Today 42.0
Week to date 315.6
Month to date 404.4
Year to date 4,366.8
To Goal 3,633.2
Over (Under) plan 860.0
YTD Mileage vs Last Year (228.2)
Rolling Year 8,961.8
Since Inception 10/1/07 44,834.5

No comments:

Post a Comment