Monday, June 10, 2013

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I felt a little ragged on Tuesday morning since Monday had been such a long day.  I figured I'd perk up as the day progressed and I was right.  Luckily, Day 3 isn't a long day so it provides a bit of a rest.  Here we are waiting for the route to open:



There's a big hill right after rest stop 1 but I didn't really have too much trouble with it and soon was riding through pretty Fort Hunter Liggett.  Rest stop 3 was the last place I stopped and Deyon was working there that day so that she could hang out with her mom:



I got into Paso Robles at a little before 11am and was #6.  One of my Sunday riders had beaten me that day and I'll admit I had mixed feelings about that.  I'm sure I'll get over it.  Here I am in camp:



This woman who was working at bike parking was bringing the FIERCE!:



I headed over to Tortilla Town for lunch.  There food is pretty awesome although I'll fully admit that my restaurant reviews for food I eat while riding always seem to be a rave.  What I don't like about Tortilla Town is the way they make all the employees shout 'Guacamole!' every time anybody orders guacamole.  It's weird and the staff doesn't seem incredibly delighted about having to shout that over and over all day long.  Especially since their guacamole is good but not great.  But their tortillas are house made and I look forward to going there every year.  After lunch I went and checked into our hotel at the Adelaide.  I love it there.  The staff is so nice and the hotel is clean, attractive and impeccably maintained.  I went back to camp and got my luggage and then went back to the room and got cleaned up.  I tried to keep the room as pristine as possible for Wanderson because it's so nice to go into a perfect hotel room after three days on the road.  I headed back to camp and wandered around a little where I ran into Emily and Bob:



I'd been struggling with what to do for bike tech all day to thank them for all the free work they'd done on bike the day before.  I wanted to get them beer but the ALC is an alcohol free event and I didn't want to get yelled at sneaking a twelve pack into camp so I was a little stymied until I realized that there was a pizza place next door to Tortilla town.  So I got them a couple of pizzas and they seemed to like that quite a bit.  I had plans to hang out with Larry that night but I soon realized that there was no way I could stay up past 7:15 so I sent my apologies and went back to the hotel room and went to bed.  I think Wanderson stayed up until 9.  I don't know how he did it.

Bike Mileage:

Today 66.7
Week to date 175.9
Month to date 264.7
Year to date 4,227.1
To Goal 3,772.9
Over (Under) plan 764.1
YTD Mileage vs Last Year (203.5)
Rolling Year 8,657.7
Since Inception 10/1/07 44,694.8

No comments:

Post a Comment