Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday morning I managed to get out of the house a few minutes early and headed up Corbett where I was passed by my pal Ben in his car on his way to work.  I continued to Portola to Fowler to Teresita to Isola to Rockdale to Omar to Sequoia to Bella Vista to Burlwood to Los Palmos to Hazelwood to Yerba Buena to St Elmo.  I always seem to miss pretty St Elmo St when I'm in the neighborhood.  It's a little tucked away but well worth a look because of its pretty homes and fantastic views.  This massive home is a Chinese consulate.  It's gorgeous:




Some of the other homes on the street.  Comparatively modest but still super fantastic:




The gorgeous view:



I continued on St Elmo to Monterey to San Jose to Duncan to Valencia to 14th to Folsom to 2nd and into work.

I headed home for lunch but had to find an alternate route when they closed Market St, sidewalks and all(!), from 5th to 6th because a street car hit a 12 bus.  Nobody was killed thankfully but what a mess!  I took Turk to Laguna to Market to 17th to Ord home for lunch.  It was all cleaned up by the time I was heading back so I came down Market.

After work I went for a nice ride.  I headed off Columbus to Stockton to North Point to Van Ness to Francisco to Gough to Greenwich to Lyon and into the Presidio.  I headed over to the parade grounds and got a nice pic of the restored buildings:



I continued on Lincoln and headed over to the Golden Gate Bridge and stopped for a pic:



I continued on Lincoln over to a little west of the Golden Gate Bridge and stopped for pics:





I continued on Lincoln to Camino Del Mar to Lake to Arguello to Washington.  This super fantastic home is on Washington and Cherry.



I continued on Washington to Divisadero to Jackson to Scott to Pacific to Taylor.  I stopped for pics of Huntington Park on Nob Hill:



Grace Cathedral:



The taller one is called 'The Nob Hill'.  It's a super fantastic international style tower and I love it long time.  It totally gives me and architecturegasm:




I continued on Taylor to California to Polk to McAllister to Laguna to Market to 17th to Ord.  Mr. Poe had to work late so I had to sort my own dinner which meant hummus on toast and french fries.  After he got home I got cleaned up and then we went to bed.

Bike Mileage:

Today 34.3
Week to date 51.3
Month to date 600.7
Year to date 4,563.1
To Goal 3,436.9
Over (Under) plan 924.7
YTD Mileage vs Last Year (217.2)
Rolling Year 9,343.4
Since Inception 10/1/07 45,030.8

No comments:

Post a Comment