Friday, June 28, 2013

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

We had some very good news on Wednesday with the Supreme Court rulings on prop 8 and DOMA.  The Prop 8 ruling doesn't affect us directly because Mr. Poe and I got hitched during the period in 2008 between the court ruling that allowed same sex marriages in California and prop 8's passage.  But the ruling on DOMA is very significant for us as it will greatly streamline our taxes and estate planning and, as Mr. Poe's Italian, he's very excited that I can no longer be compelled to testify against him in court.  I'm disappointed that SCOTUS went the easy way out on Prop 8 and ruled on the standing issue rather than doing the right thing and giving everybody the rights they deserve.  But I'm confident that one day everybody will have the right to marry.

I managed to get up early and head out on my bike.  I rode 18th to Valencia to Tiffany to 29th to San Jose to Wilder to Monterey to Ridgewood to Flood to Hazelwood to Greenwood to Plymouth to Wildwood to Faxon to De Montefort to Ashton to Head to Holloway to Font to Lake Merced to Middlefield to Eucalyptus to Clearfield into 34th to Yorba to 35th to Vicente and down to the coast.  I came up the Great Highway and went into Golden Gate Park at JFK and stopped at the North Windmill for pics.  It was incredibly wet and foggy at the beach:




I don't know how I'd failed to notice this incredibly comprehensive "DON'T" sign before:



I continued on JFK and stopped for a pic of the fog burning off at the De Young:



I continued on JFK into the Panhandle to Baker to McAllister to Polk where I stopped for a pic of City Hall that was jam packed with media:



I took Polk to O'Farrell to Grant to Post to Kearny to Clay to Sansome and into work.  I headed home for lunch and Mr. Poe got a pic of me holding sweet little Ashley Jr.:



Mr. Poe and Mimi:



After work I headed off 2nd to Howard to 11th into Bryant to Precita.  This pretty Victorian is on Precita at Florida:



I continued on Precita to Mission to Richland where I stopped for a pic looking south:



I continued on Richland to Arlington where I saw these pretty homes:



I continued on Arlington to Wilder to Diamond to Monterey.  This is the view looking up San Felipe from Monterey:



I continued on Monterey into Santa Clara.  These gorgeous homes are on Santa Clara at Yerba Buena:



I continued on Santa Clara to Portola to Claremont to Dewey to Laguna Honda into 7th to Judah to 9th and into Golden Gate Park.  I headed over to the Music Concourse and stopped for a pic of the de Young:



I came out of the park at 8th and took Cabrillo to Arguello to Balboa.  This is the view looking west from halfway up the hill.  You can see a wall of fog at the coast:



I continued on Balboa to Baker to Golden Gate to Broderick where I saw this glorious Victorian:




I continued on Broderick to Hayes to Scott to Duboce to Castro.  The Castro was packed with people celebrating the verdicts:



I continued on Castro to 17th to Ord and home for dinner.  After, I got cleaned up and went to bed.  It had been a very long day.

Bike Mileage:

Today 41.1
Week to date 41.1
Month to date 911.6
Year to date 4,874.0
To Goal 3,126.0
Over (Under) plan 928.8
YTD Mileage vs Last Year (21.4)
Rolling Year 9,769.4
Since Inception 10/1/07 45,341.7

No comments:

Post a Comment