Monday, June 10, 2013

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I felt great on Wednesday when I woke up but the first thing that I noticed was that I'd apparently had a snack in my sleep.  Ah, Ambien aren't you always bringing the AM surprises?  We got packed up pretty quickly and headed to breakfast and then I got my bike and got ready to ride.  Here's everybody ready to go:




What I like about day 4 is that the first part of the day is a huge climb which I love because it warms me up right away.  Then there's this crazy drop down to the coast which for some reason was both fog and wind free this year.  I was really happy about that because some years it's so windy that I feel like my bike is being pushed into oncoming traffic and I need a new pair of shorts by the time I get to the bottom.  But not this year.  We headed down the 1 and pretty soon we were at pretty Morro Bay:



Here's a pic from Rest Stop 3, my last stop of the day:



I rode really hard the rest of the day and was pleased when I finished at 12:30 and was #6.  Here are Colleen and I at the finish:



My first stop was the medical tent.  I had something on my tongue that wasn't comfortable and I was concerned that I'd bitten it and it had become infected.  The medical people thought it was an allergic reaction and that it was irritated and not infected which was good news to me because I didn't want to have to be dealing with antibiotics.  I'll go to my doctor over the summer and get it all sorted because my allergies have been the worst this year that I've ever had and also I need to not have blisters on my tongue. I called my mom and texted here a pic of my tongue and she agreed allergies.  Yuck.

After medical I headed into Santa Maria for some food.  I like Santa Maria.  It reminds me of everything that I liked about my former home Harlingen Texas.  Both are friendly heavily Hispanic agricultural towns.  I don't know that I'd want to live there but I'm happy to ride through every year.  Food choices for vegans are a little limited so I ended up at Del Taco figuring it wouldn't be terrible and at least they have French Fries.  Here's how you know if you've gone too long without eating:  when you're eating Del Taco and thinking to yourself "This is fucking delicious".  I headed back to camp and wandered about.  I ran into Alex who was one of my riders.  He's super hot:



At dinner I painted Elliott's nails for red dress day.  I'm a one stop shop for glamour:



I didn't do a terrible job:



I went to bed super early yet again.  I don't understand how those crazy kids can stay up until 8.

Bike Mileage:

Today97.7
Week to date273.6
Month to date362.4
Year to date4,324.8
To Goal3,675.2
Over (Under) plan839.9
YTD Mileage vs Last Year(172.5)
Rolling Year8,822.1
Since Inception 10/1/0744,792.5

No comments:

Post a Comment