Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday, August 30, 2013

I've been maintaining my blog on both my old xanga site and blogger (this site) since the beginning of January.  I have a lot of photo storage on xanga that I've paid into perpetuity and so I was thinking that I'd just keep loading my photos on xanga and then maintaining posts on both sites until I ran out of storage on xanga and then I'd move everything to blogger.  But over the weekend, xanga began an upgrade that's still not complete that's had the effect of breaking all of my photo links on the blogger site.  So I'm thinking what I'm going to do is migrate all of it off of xanga which is going to take forever but at the end of the day my blog will be entrusted to google and not people whose upgrades take five days and whose site is so crappy that they have to post their upgrade announcements on twitter.  Twitter!  Anyway, it's a huge project but I'll be happy when it's done.

Thursday I came into work Market to Octavia to Hayes to Van Ness to Grove to Polk to O'Farrell to Post to Kearny to Clay to Sansome and into work.  I headed home for lunch and then I took muni into Cole Valley after work and went for a long walk before dinner.  It was about 7 miles.  I started off by heading over to Presidio Heights.  I got some pics as I headed down Washington St:


 
 

 I headed over to Pacific Heights and made my way towards the Lyon Steps:




Warning:  this residence is guarded:




The Lyon Steps:




I took Broadway over to Divisadero and then got on Vallejo:





I headed over to Fillmore and then made my way over to Japantown Center.  Have I somehow not been in this part of the mall ever? 


 

 Then I headed over to the Castro where I had dinner with Mr. Poe at La Mediterranee.  Very good.  After we headed home and went to bed.  I was beat!  It had been a very long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment