Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday was walk2werk Monday and I had a great time.  My aim was to walk the length of Lyon St from where it begins at Haight to the end at the Palace of Fine Arts and then into work.  It came in at 7.2 miles.  I headed over Lone Mountain and I stopped for some pics at City Center.  It was originally a Sears and it had languished, getting uglier and less used as years went by.  But now Target is going in and the whole area has been redeone and it looks fantastic:


This is the view looking up Geary from Lyon:


I continued on Lyon.  I'd never noticed this pretty gate before.  And now I have.



I'd also never noticed this once grand Victorian mansion.  I'd bet it's apartments now but it must have been amazing back in the day:



This is the Swedenborgian church:


Lyon steps between Broadway and Vallejo:


Senator Feinstein's house at the Lyon and Vallejo:



 


The Palace of Fine Arts:






Super fantastic towers on Broadway:





I headed home for lunch and then went to a spin class after work.  I stopped by the Barney on the way home and played a little at the Le Labo counter.  I sprayed Patchouli 24 on my arm and that was a big mistake.  I don't know if it was the underlying notes or how they reacted to my skin chemistry but on me, Patchouli 24 smells like meat.  I felt sorry for the people standing near me on Muni on the way home.  Luckily, dogs didn't follow me home because we all know we'd have to keep them.  I had dinner and went to bed.  Thankfully, the scent had faded a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment