Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday, September 9, 2013

It's now been over a week since Mr. Poe's birthday and he has yet to open his birthday presents.  Because his birthday isn't over until he opens all of his presents.  This quirky habit, although adorable, is starting to become increasingly frustrating.  First, I literally shopped for months for the stuff I got him and it's killing me that it's all still sitting on the dining room table unopened.  I didn't think he'd be waiting as long as he has to open stuff and so now not everything is returnable in case he doesn't like it or it doesn't fit which is causing me some additional concern.  I kind of don't know what to do about it and I'm see myself losing my temper in the near future.  Which is really an ominous warning for all of us.

Monday was walk2werq Monday and I took an exciting although foggy route over Clarendon to Saint Francis Wood before getting on BART at Balboa Park.  I love Saint Francis Wood.  The plantings and architecture are so super fantastic.  But I wonder how people can live in such a foggy neighborhood without being constantly depressed.  Maybe they're all vampires?  That would explain a lot.

You can see the plume from the Diablo fire in the background of this sunrise pic from the Pemberton Steps:



This is the pretty redwood grove behind Laguna Honda hospital as seen from Clarendon:



I forget what street this was but this is how foggy it was west of Twin Peaks.  It's crazy:


Pics from St Francis Wood:





These amazing windows are at Neiman Marcus to celebrate the opening of opera season here.  Love them:

 

I headed home for lunch and then went to my spin class after work.  After I headed home for dinner and then got cleaned up and went to bed.  I think I made it to 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment