Monday, September 16, 2013

Saturday, September 14, 2014

Saturday I got up early and went to training ride leader training at the San Francisco AIDS Foundation.  It was good to see everybody, but I think the re certification meeting could be a whole lot shorter.  I met Mr. Poe for lunch who bought me some Chipotle and then we got on the 28 Limited and made out way out to Lands End to peruse the recent Visitor's Center that they'd completed.  It's super cute and has some photos inside that are really interesting.  I'll be back:




 Then we headed over to the Palace of the Legion of Honor.  Which I think is my favorite museum for moseying around.  I love the permanent collection.  I know it might not be the most famous stuff around but there are a lot of beautiful things and the museum is small enough to wander around in without getting too lost.  We spent some time in the ceramics room where I saw this super creepy clown:




We wandered around and then Mr. Poe sat down and watched an organ recital while I wandered on my own.  I got a couple of pics of the pretty things I saw.  This is THE CEILING:



 This is one of their rooms under restoration. I can't wait to see it when it's done.  It's gonna be super fantastic:






I don't think it translates well onto pics how beautiful and elegant this stone work is.  Loves it:




Pretty prints from their manuscript library:



We headed home for dinner and then I went to bed early.  It had been a very long day and I was beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment