Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday I came into work Market to Octavia to McAllister to Polk to O'Farrell to Grant to Kearny to Clay to Sansome.  I went to the gym over lunch and then went for a nice ride after work.  I headed off 2nd to Townsend to Kansas to 17th to Potrero.  I stopped for a look at the massive new addition to San Francisco General.  It's hard to believe, but I think they are managing to integrate it into the existing campus without it dwarfing the surrounding structures.  Make no mistake--  it's still very obviously much larger than any of the buildings that front Potrero, but the brick facing that they're using on a bunch of the wall references the surrounding structures without looking pastiche-y and help the structure settle into into surrounds:


Very restrained use of decorative brickwork:


I continued on Potrero to 25th to Valencia.  This is the view from Valencia and Cesar Chavez looking at at Bernal Hill:


I continued on Valencia to Tiffany to San Jose to Monterey to Ridgewood to Flood to Hazelwood to Greenwood to Plymouth to Wildwood to Faxon to De Montefort to Ashton to Head to Holloway to Lake Merced to Middlefield to Ocean to Clearfield into 34th to Yorba to 35th to Vicente to 17th to Taravel to Dewey to Merced to Hernandez to Laguna Honda to Portola to Corbett to Ord and home for dinner.  Mr. Poe had to work late so I was on my own which was probably for the best given my foul mood over the birthday gifts that he still refuses to open.  I moved them down to the guest room so at least I didn't have to look at them.  Then I fed the dogs and got cleaned up.  I checked and confirmed that one of his gifts is now completely not returnable so if you see some brand new Saint Laurent at Out of the Closet in the near future that means that it didn't fit.  I didn't have a lot to say to him when he came home which was good because that meant I wasn't yelling at him.


Bike Mileage:

Today20.2
Week to date20.2
Month to date233.8
Year to date6,213.5
To Goal1,786.5
Over (Under) plan602.6
YTD Mileage vs Last Year594.8
Rolling Year7,032.9
Since Inception 10/1/0746,681.2

No comments:

Post a Comment