Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thursday, November 28, 2013

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. My Mom came out again this year and we had Wanderson, Nathan, Daniel and Sutee over as well.  We had a lot of fun and everything turned out reasonably well.  But this little dog was unhappy for much of the time:


Because of this dog that came with my Mom who is noticeably younger and cuter than him.


Ashley hates her so much.  Rufus and even Mimi like her and play with her but Ashley gave her the stink eye the entire time she was here.  He's still a little steamed about it days later.

Mr. Poe did the bulk of the Thanksgiving cooking but I made a couple of things.  I made a potatoes anna which is the easiest thing to make so long as you don't follow Julia Child's instruction of taking an hour to arrange the potato slices artfully:



This is a bourbon soaked lemon pound cake.  I think it turned out pretty well and it was popular:


These are little chocolate puff pastry pastries and they are vegan.  I believe I ate five of them:


I made a fance french bread pudding but it didn't turn out quite as expected but it was still good.  Here's me setting it on fire:


Still burning:


I think we were all asleep by 8:30.  It was a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment