Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thursday, December 19, 2013

I've been doing some more cooking this week.  Another mountain of cookies this week and with even less kitchen mess than before.  The output was pretty impressive:




 I also made these fabulous bundt cakes for Christmas day.  They're walnut and chocolate chip with bourbon both in the batter and then drizzled on the cake.  I used an entire fifth of Makers Mark to make two cakes.  Honey, one my these cakes could push Kirstie Alley over the legal limit in less than 20 minutes.:
 

This last one is a carrot cake that I've frosted with cream cheese frosting, sprinkled praline that I made and then decorated with seasonal cherries whose vivid colors enthusiastically give the bird to nature.


 David gave me an early Christmas present.  This glamtastic Hello Kitty beauty mirror will be the envy of all who see it for many years to come:



 I came into work on Thursday on Muni and then headed home for lunch and got my bike.  After work I headed off Pacific to Webster to Clay to Spruce to Washington to Arguello to Lake to 8th and into Golden Gate Park.  I headed past the Music Concourse and came out of the park at 9th and took it to Judah to 7th into Laguna Honda to Dewey to Claremont to Portola to Santa Clara into Monterey to San Jose to Duncan to Valencia to 17th to Ord and home for dinner.  After dinner I made a horrifying discovery that a lot of my files had been corrupted probably due to a disk error I had a month ago and I hadn't noticed.  I think my photos are OK and most of the stuff I lost I had purchased and can redownloaded so it's gonna be fine.  The part that stings was that I had a backup and I just copied over it with the new configuration not realizing that the thing I was backing up against had already happened.  Live and learn.


Bike Mileage:

Today17.5
Week to date17.5
Month to date93.9
Year to date7,219.1
To Goal780.9
Over (Under) plan(583.6)
YTD Mileage vs Last Year678.3
Rolling Year7,219.1
Since Inception 10/1/0747,686.8

No comments:

Post a Comment