Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!  I went into work Christmas Eve and came home in the afternoon.  Mr. Poe and I went to Osaka Sushi for dinner and then caught the gay men's chorus at 7.  Mr. Poe liked it a lot more than I did, obviously, but I didn't hate it.  The guy who's running it has a bunch of nice ideas and it's nice to see.

I got up early on Christmas morning and started cooking.  I had a lot on the menu and I needed the onions to be going at like 7am.  The dogs were completely passed out by 10am.  Of course, they'd been up all night waiting for Poodie Claus.




I made a charlotte and a bourbon bundt cake.  I thought everything turned out really well.  So fancy:



This is what the dessert setup looked like:



Everybody was gone by 4pm which was nice.  I had grand plans of going for an epic walk before bed.  In reality I ate an entire apple pie while watching TV and then I went to bed.  It had been a very long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment