Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday I led a Different Spokes ride out to Point Reyes Station and then home via Pan Toll station.  We had great weather and it was a really fun ride.  We rode around Nicasio Reservoir whose low levels made me nervous.  We need some rain.  It's supposed to be rain season not fire season:




We headed into Point Reyes Station where I got very politely chewed out by a lady who'd overheard me saying I think that City College should close over their accreditation issues.   They've failed their mission by allowing themselves to fall into such a state that the accreditation board concluded that they should be closed.  I know that a lot of people go there but does that mean that they are too big to fail and that their lack or organization and careless finances should be a continued drain on the city and the students who go there?  I think that it should be absorbed into a better run institution and much of the administration should be sent packing.  That is the result that their actions have earned and whether or not they can sue their way out of it in the courts remains to be seen.  Whatever it is, I hope that the students don't have to feel too much it because they deserve and should get better.

Here are some of the boys in Point Reyes Station:


We headed south on the 1.  I stopped for some pics at Bolinas Lagoon:



After Stinson we stopped in on some friends of David's.  They live in this amazing house about the town:

 

I headed home and got cleaned up for dinner.  We went to bed pretty early.  We were all beat.

Bike Mileage:

Today83.0
Week to date110.9
Month to date301.6
Year to date301.6
To Goal7,698.4
Over (Under) plan(180.6)
YTD Mileage vs Last Year63.0
Rolling Year6,867.1
Since Inception 10/1/0748,092.3

No comments:

Post a Comment