Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday I dragged Mr. Poe for a drive in the country mostly to get out of the house.  We ended up in Haines City which is kind of a sad little place that was build largely on spec in the 20's and has kind of languished since.  There's a bunch of retirement housing going in now so I'm hoping that they're gonna do something with the quaint downtown that still has a number of pretty prewar buildings and the impressive Polk Hotel which is now sadly a bible college.  It's also home to this Maryland Fried Chicken establishment and I was able to convince Mr. Poe to try it out.  How can you not love this sign??



Mr. Poe liked their chicken so much that he refused to drink a beverage for over an hour because he didn't want to wash the taste out of his mouth.  Which is super gross if you think about it but I love how much he likes eating so I'm not gonna dwell on that.  Here he is with his lunch:


We headed home and started getting dinner ready.  Mr. Poe mad dinner and I made a few things for the next day.  Then it was time for bed.  Thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment