Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday I led a Different Spokes ride out to Inverness and then down to Pan Toll.  I haven't chosen Inverness as a lunch stop before but I'm getting so sick of how gross the picnic area in Point Reyes Station is so I'm looking for alternatives.  Perry's in Inverness is a whole lot fancier than the one in Fairfax and David had a big bowl of fish stew that they made to order for him.  Swank!  From there, we headed down to Stinson Beach and then up to Pan Toll.  I could really feel the lack of cycling the last couple miles of that climb.  I was a sweaty, nauseous, crampy mess by the time I got to Pan Toll and then headed home.  I stopped by the new falafel place and 18th and Castro and can report that their food is fucking delicious.  I can't imagine what kind of trouble I could get into that wouldn't be remedied by bringing Mr. Poe more of their shawerma.  I headed home for dinner and then got cleaned up and was in bed by 9PM.  Here are the pics I took:

Thinky-thinky graffiti in Samuel P Taylor Park:


Pics from Olema:

 


 This is the view from Perry's in Inverness:




There's a junk store next to Perry's and I was dazzled by their lack of taste.  It wasn't all bad, I saw some pretty ceramics that might end up near the water feature Mr. Poe's building in the garden.  It won't be this:


We headed down on the 1 and the tide was way out in Bolinas Lagoon:


This was the view about a third of the way up to Pan Toll:


It was a fabulous day.  I'm looking forward to longer days and more mileage.

Bike Mileage:

Today85.5
Week to date85.5
Month to date183.5
Year to date706.3
To Goal7,293.7
Over (Under) plan(543.0)
YTD Mileage vs Last Year(88.3)
Rolling Year6,867.0
Since Inception 10/1/0748,497.0

No comments:

Post a Comment