Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday I took the day off from exercise completely.  My body was pretty insistent about that.  I came into work on Muni and then went to the Asian Art Museum over lunch.  I go there so frequently that it's easy to be in and out of there in a half an hour and still not feel rushed.  Every time I go I find some new thing that either I hadn't noticed before or that they'd recently put out.  Love it.  I took a ton of pics.  This is City Hall from Civic Center plaza:


The view up the grand staircase from the reception area in the Asian Art Museum:


I'd never noticed these carvings.  Get off of my lawn!


I've taken pics of this before.  I love the colors in this.  Koreans seem to have a different way of using pinks in unusual combinations that I've never seen before and that I love:


I forget what this actually is but it looks to me like an early doomsday device:


I was all alone in the reading room:


My favorite things of the day were these carved Balinese daggers.  Sadly, my pics of the group didn't turn out but you can see the glorious detail and the jewels which is what attracted them to me:



This is a vase that's cut out of a piece of rock crystal.  But the rings are fully carved around and they move.  Unbelievable:



I went and hung out with Mr. Chris and David after work and then I headed home for dinner.  I was ready for bed early.  It had been a very long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment