Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday I came into work on Muni and then went to my spin class over lunch.  After work I walked home and it was really nice.  I headed over Nob Hill and then took a tour of constuction sites on my way home.  The walk came in at about 4.7 miles.  It was gorgeous up on Nob Hill:



1201 California has the most amazing decoration.  I don't know a whole lot about the building other than it was completed in 1927.  The decoration seems Spanish to me, but at the same time I think there's a definite influence from the beautiful Maya sculpture that had been recently unearthed at and was causing a sensation at the time:





This is the site of the Catherdral Hill hotel soon to be a new hospital.  I'm not gonna miss this ugly ass hotel but the demolition scenes are pretty awesome:









I headed down Geary and got a few shots of Japantown:



This is the new complex that's going in at Hayes Valley.  


This is the senior complex that's going in at the Lower Haight.  I used to live right around the corner from this site.  They made them save a lot of the old UCSF buildings.  I kind of questioned that.  It isn't a remarkable site.


I headed home and made the dogs and myself dinner.  After I did some baking and did quite a bit of housework while we waited for Mr. Poe get home from his movie.  I had to--  there was a new backpack I didn't want to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment