Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday was walk2werq Monday and I had a grand walk through the Mission, over Potrero Hill and into Mission Bay.  It was about 7.6 miles.  I wanted to go look at the damage caused by the fire in Mission Bay last week and is it ever dramatic.  A  building the size of a city block burned down to the concrete first floor which begs the question of why are they building such large buildings with just one floor of concrete.  The big surprise of the day was the neighborhood I found around the 22nd st Caltrain station.  I was up on Potrero Hill and saw a steady stream of people walking in a particular direction so I followed and ended up at Caltrain.  It shocked me that such a smart neighborhood has sprung up so close to the Potrero Hill projects which are some of the roughest in town.  I don't know that I want to live there for that reason but it's super cute.  I headed home for lunch and then went to a spin class after work that just about killed me.  I wandered around Union Square a bit and then headed home for dinner and then immediately went to bed.  Long ass day.

Mission Bay as seen from the top of Potrero Hill:


The cute neighborhood by the 22nd st Caltrain station:


Gorgeous homes in the dogpatch:



Esprit Park:





UCSF Mission Bay:


Serving up St Patricks Day realness:


Pretty Mission Creek:




Massive fire damage:





Front Street was rockin' for Saint Patrick's Day:

No comments:

Post a Comment