Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday was walk2werq Monday and I had a grand walk out to Presidio Terrace and then into work through Presidio Heights, Pacific Heights and Nob Hill on my way into work.  I picked up my laundry on the way so the walk came in at 8.1 miles.

Presidio Terrace is a private neighborhood that was developed right after the earthquake and billed itself as San Francisco's first 'whites only' neighborhood.  It's access controlled in theory, but nobody's ever stopped me from going in on foot or on my bike.   The sun was just starting to come up and I got a bunch of pics:









This is the view of the North Bay from Spruce and Washington.  I love this view and take pics of it all the time when I'm on my bike.  I'm hardly ever here on foot.


Lyon St Steps:



I love these superfantastic mansions on Broadway which I think is actually just on gigafantastic mansion:


Coming soon:  mansion


The view looking down Divisadero from Broadway:


Alta Plaza:


This is the pretty fountain in Huntington Park.  There was a man on the other side in the fountain climbing on the sculptures.  Was he hiding? pretending he was one of the telamones? taking a bath?  I'm not posting a pic of that because I don't think it's very funny the more you think about it, but it certainly was unusual:


I headed home for lunch and then went to spin and then a strength training class after work.  I'm still really struggling with the strength training class but it was really fun and I had a great time.  After, I crawled home for dinner.  We've got Sofi and Nisha for a couple of weeks while their daddies are on their honeymoon and they got dropped off around 8PM.  It's gonna be a crazy couple of weeks!

We've had a lot of rain this quarter and I'm disappointed with my low mileage.  However, I've been very active and I've been spending a lot more time in the gym so it hasn't been time wasted.  Even with all the rain, I don't think I should be getting any more exercise than I'm getting although I wish more of it was outside on the bike.  I think I'm still on track with my training and I feel terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment