Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday was walk2werq Monday and I had an interesting walk through the Western Addition, Pacific Heights and the Marina.  I walked Buchanan end to end and it was interesting to see all the variety and how much mid 20th century development in the Western Addition there is that I don't like.

This is at Market and 16th.  It's recent and I love the way it looks in the morning.  Here's hoping I still like it in 10 years:


At Buchanan and Market is the Architectronica designed Linea which is super fantastic.  Love love love it.  My friend Shelby just moved in and I'm mildly jealous.


A couple blocks down the street is the Nightingale house which has been thoroughly renovated and looks amazing:


The view of the old UCSF campus that's getting transformed into retirement housing:


My first apartment in San Francisco was in this building, 300 Buchanan, in 2000.  I lived there for about six months until I met and moved in with Mr. Poe:


This is one of the grand Victorians in Alamo Square.  So pretty:


I don't know anything about this but I saw it where Buchanan had been blocked off for a couple of blocks.  I'm struggling to call it art. Was it one of a pair.  Was it part of a larger installation?  I got nothing.


Buchanan runs through the heart of Japantown:



This is the gorgeous synagogue on Sacramento.  I've had a hard time finding a good angle to take pics of it from:


This is a beautiful California Pacific medical library:


I love this modern tower.  Have the doors always been painted like this?


This house has gone the mosaic rider route for their front steps.  I don't love it in residential use.  It looks a little cat lady.



Some pics from the Marina;






Me in Fort Mason Park:


I noted two cruise ships in port when I was heading in on Bay.  I love that we're getting so much cruise ship traffic.  It's like free money for the city.


After work I went to my spin and strength training classes and then went home and went to bed.  It had been a very long day and I was completely beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment