Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

We're having wonderful weather this week in the Bay Area, and Tuesday I managed to get out of bed and out on my bike both before and work.   I headed off Corbett to Portola to Woodside to Dewey to Taraval and down to the coast.  I headed down the Great Highway and stopped for pics of the beach from the foot of Sloat:




I continued on the Great Highway to Skyline and stopped for a pic at pretty Lake Merced.  I haven't been here in the morning in forever:


I took Skyline to Lake Merced to Font to Holloway to Harold to Ocean to Phelan to Judson to Gennessee to Hearst to Edna to Monterey to San Jose to Duncan to Valencia to 17th to Kansas to Townsend to the Embarcadero to Washington to Sansome and into work.  Over lunch I tried to take the tour at Grace Cathedral but they didn't have a docent so I just walked around on my own:




Fascinating mural series that depicts the story of the church and the cathedral:







I love the way they did Mary.  Very Klimpt like:









Benny Bufano sculpture still in its easter drag:


Pretty Nob Hill:



After work I headed off Sansome to Pacific to Columbus to Stockton to North Point to Van Ness to Francisco to Octavia to Greenwich to Lyon and into the Presidio at the Lombard Gate.  I headed over to Lincoln and noted the construction work they've been doing on the Golden Gate Bridge connector. It's really coming along:



Crissy Field from overlook:


China Beach




I continued on Lincoln into Camino Del Mar to 25th to Seacliff.  I got a couple of pics of the Golden Gate Bridge from Baker Beach:



I headed to Seacliff than over to China Beach:





I headed back to Seacliff to El Camino Del Mar to Lake to Washington to Jackson to Fillmore to Pacific to Taylor to Pleasant to Sacramento to Claifornia to Polk to Grove to 8th to Howard to 11th to Folsom to 17th to Hartford to 18th to pick up some falafel and then 18th to Douglass to 17th to Ord and home.  Mr. Poe had to work late so I fed the dogs and myself and got cleaned up and we waited for him to get home.  Fabulous day.

Bike Mileage:

Today37.0
Week to date37.0
Month to date796.5
Year to date2,125.6
To Goal5,874.4
Over (Under) plan(570.3)
YTD Mileage vs Last Year(610.2)
Rolling Year8,507.7
Since Inception 10/1/0749,916.3

No comments:

Post a Comment