Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday morning the dogs and I walked Mr. Poe to Muni and then headed for Noe Valley.  We walked 5.8 miles and it was really fun although I thin Rufus shouldn't go on monster walks three days in a row.  I headed down into work on Muni and then went to the Asian Art Museum over lunch.   They didn't have anything new but I love going there anyway.   I think the Indian sculptures they have are slowly emerging as my favorite parts of the museum.  The carving is just so exuberant and the movement is incredible.  Also, the level of carving is pretty amazing and I love the light and shadow effects that result.  This stuff must have been incredible in its original position in temple niches:






Fabulous Chinese ceramics:





The super fantastic parts of the building that date from when it was a library:



I went and hung out with Mr. Chris and David after work and then headed home for dinner with Mr. Poe.  Then I got cleaned up and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment