Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday morning I walked Mr. Poe to muni with the dogs and the stroller and then took them for a long walk through the Mission, Noe Valley and Upper Market that came in at about 4.8 miles.  Mr. Poe and I were wondering how far I'd have to go to find an open bar so I headed down into the Mission and started walking down Valencia.  I saw this interesting mural in Mission Playground on Valencia between 19th and 20th:



The closest bar I found that was open was Clooney's.  Apparently, the liquor laws in San Francisco are very complex and although most bars can't serve alcohol til 10am, there are exemptions in more working class neighborhoods for people who work night shifts.  I think there's even one in the Castro.  Good to know should I need to continue my downward spiral come 6am:


I turned on 25th and headed up towards Twin Peaks.  There was a gorgeous view up at the footbridge over Market:


The dogs and I:


I got the dogs home and headed into work.  I took the afternoon off to lead an AIDS Lifecycle training ride out to Tiburon.  We had a really fun group and everybody had a really good time.  Ron has committed the ALC training ride safety speech to music which is a lot more effort than I think I've ever put into anything ever.  Impressed:



Here's everybody at Shark's:





I headed home for dinner and then got cleaned up and went to bed.  I was totally beat.  It was a fabulous but very, very long day.

Bike Mileage:

Today47.2
Week to date65.1
Month to date230.7
Year to date2,416.1
To Goal5,583.9
Over (Under) plan(455.1)
YTD Mileage vs Last Year(643.5)
Rolling Year8,716.8
Since Inception 10/1/0750,206.8

No comments:

Post a Comment