Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday was walk2werq Monday and I had a lot of fun walking around Noe Valley and the Mission before I realized that I'd left my wallet at home and had to cut it short to go get.  Mr. Poe's home for the summer and I didn't have to go home for lunch so I brought my lunch with me and went for a second walk after lunch over Telegraph, Russian and Nob hills.  Both of them totaled at about 8 miles-- so I got a little extra over my usual walk.  After work I went to the gym and then home for dinner.  I'm noticing that the strength classes I'm taking aren't wiping me out like they used to.  Which is nice.  After dinner I finished a dessert for a party on Tuesday and made some candy.  I made caramels out of honey which turned out really, really well and also some fudge which went terribly wrong and I'n not quite sure where.  It wasn't savable which is always a sad day for candy.  But it's gonna be OK.  I'll give it another try.  I'm a survivor.

This pretty craftsmen house is on Eureka and I like it:


But check out this glorious gate which is super fantastic.  It seems very modern to me but also very art nouveau:



Pretty Victorian on Noe:


I walked South Van Ness from the end of it to 18th when I headed home.  South Van Ness has a lot of pretty buildings on it but overall needs a little freshnin'.  I'd love to see some of these grand houses restored:







I had a fun walk at lunch but managed only one pic, this one at Grace Cathedral on Nob Hill:


No comments:

Post a Comment