Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday I got up early and went to a spin class and then met Mr. Poe at Safeway.  After, we headed home for lunch and then went down the peninsula to go to the Cantor Museum at Stanford.  The collection is incredibly lopsided.  They have an enormous Rodin collection and sparse holdings for everything else.  But the building is glorious and admission is free so I've got no complaints.  

Gorgeous 1891 building:


This was my favorite Rodin.  I love this.  I love the twisting movement and the way that it seems like the figures are vibrating and beginning to come alive from the medium:



I'm not a huge Georgia O'Keefe fan but I did like this one.  It's seaweed:


We both liked the way they grouped all these not so important paintings.  I think it elevates them all and is closer to their original placement then a single paining:



The amazing museum atrium:









Pics from the Rodin garden:


You really do need to see the 'Gates of Hell' in person to get the full effect.  Some of the figures are almost fully and the round and appear to be trying to escape from the sculpture.  Love it:






We headed home and I went downtown to go see Mr. Chris.  After, I came home for dinner and then we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment