Sunday, July 13, 2014

Saturday, July 13, 2014

I had to drive Mr. Poe to the airport in Oakland early on Sunday morning so I headed over to Lake Chabot to go hiking after.  Lake Chabot was Oakland's original water supply formed by the damming of San Leandro creek.  My hike ended up a little longer than I'd initially intended but it was really fun and I got my new hiking shoes broken in for my trip to New Mexico.  I think it came in at about 16 miles.  Here are the pics.  It's really pretty up there:







I got home mid day and took the dogs for a long walk.  But not too long.  The ice cream line was too long so I took the dogs home and went downtown and got a couple donuts and visited with Mr. Criss.  Then I headed home to feed the dogs and myself and then we went to bed.  Long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment