Saturday, July 5, 2014

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Saturday Mr Poe and I headed down the peninsula and went to Filoli house and gardens.  It's a fabulous mansion and gardens that, among many other things, was the house used in the exterior shots on Dynasty.  I loved walking around but do not recommend the guided tour at all.  The one I had was almost two and a half hours yet still didn't manage to convey a lot of information about the architecture or the gardens.  The tour guide seemed mostly interested in the families that had lived there and the filming spots of the movie 'Heaven Can Wait' that was filmed there in the 70's and those weren't things I was interested in.  The tour went long and the museum was closing as it finished so we didn't have time to go look at things we liked again.  So I recommend going and walking around on your own.  I think we'll go back at another time of year.  It's very beautiful.  I took a bunch of pics:


















We headed back to San Francisco and had dinner and hung out the rest of the evening.  It had been hot in Woodside and we were pretty beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment