Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday I came into work down Market on my bike and then headed to the Asian Art Museum over lunch.  I think my favoritest part of that museum is the Indian stuff and I wasn't disappointed.  I hadn't noticed this relief of the hindu god Ardhanarishvar--  an androgynous combination of Shiva and his consort Parvati.  What's so neat about it is the way the feminine half of the relief has such different finish than the male to really drive home the dual aspects of the god:


This is a crazy beautiful carved door:



The blouse is made of fabric and ceramic.  Fabulous:




Me:


After work I headed off Pacific to Columbus to Stockton and stopped at Washington Square for pics of Sts Peter and Paul:



I continued on Stockton to North Point to Van Ness to Francisco to Octavia to Greenwich to Lyon and into the Presidio at the Lombard gate.  I headed over to Lincoln and then Washington and came out of the Presidio at the 15th Ave gate.   From there I took Lake to 23rd to Cabrillo to 47th to Fulton to the Great Highway where I stopped for pics of the gorgeous beach weather:



I went into Golden Gate Park at JFK and continued on that to Kezar to Page to Stanyan to Waller to Cole to Carmel to Clayton to Corbett to Ord and home for dinner.  After dinner I got cleaned up and I went to bed.

Bike Mileage:

Today18.4
Week to date18.4
Month to date154.2
Year to date3,891.9
To Goal4,108.1
Over (Under) plan(1,412.2)
YTD Mileage vs Last Year(2,014.4)
Rolling Year5,056.3
Since Inception 10/1/0751,682.6

No comments:

Post a Comment