Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wednesday I continued my class at home and took the dogs out over lunch.  When class broke up for the day I headed off on foot for the Asian Art Museum.  This is a new sculpture that's going in between the War Memorial buildings.  I hope there's more because I'm not so sure that I like it.  But I'm gonna wait til they're done to decide:



Our beautiful city hall:



I don't think I'd been inside since my wedding.  I love it there.  It's spectacular:










Then I headed to the Asian Art Museum to see the Saudi Arabian Archaeological Exhibit which was super fantastic.  Cameras were not allowed, but I'm a shady bitch.  It looks so fresh and so incredibly modern:


This is the piece they would let you take pics of.  Not the nicest one but I like it a lot.


I had a little time left so I walked around the permanent collection:



I hadn't noticed this incredible whatever it is.  Apologies for the crappy photo.  It's so 'Ren and Stimpy':



That sculpture is one of a pair and this is the other.  Not nearly as vibrant:


This is an 18th c cloisonn√© pair depicting the dragon boat races that is newly displayed.  Love them:






I walked to the gym next, getting this awesome shot looking down towards 7th:


I went to the gym.  I was feeling really tired before it started but I totally perked up by the end of my strength training class.  I was pretty ragged by the end of spin after that so I stumbled home for dinner.  All the time I've been spending in the gym must be working out for me because I absolutely got hooted at as I walked home up 17th st.  'You betta work,  Dahhhhhhhlin!!!!!!'  I betta.

No comments:

Post a Comment