Monday, December 1, 2014

Monday, December 1, 2014

Monday was a busy day.  I took the day off to join the World AIDS Day ride out of Golden Gate Park.  We just rode a little around the city and it was lots of fun.  I got a couple pics at the beginning:





The ride ended at the AIDS Memorial grove and I couldn't stay for the presentation but I headed down to say hi and got some pics.  It was a fancy, fancy tent with glamorous chandeliers inside.  They'd put it up for a party the night before and reused it.  Judith Light was there to accept an award and I totally wanted to get a pic with her but I just couldn't.  I'll admit I would have stayed for the proceedings had it been cher.  I took a few pics of the swanky digs:




I headed home and got cleaned up and walked the dogs and then headed out on foot.  I walked downtown via Japantown.  This house on Beaver has Christmas going and I approve:



This house has done pretty much the same display every year for years.  It's super fantastic but I'm ready for something a little different:


I saw this stuff in Japantown:


I can't explain why this sloth has apparently enormous testicles:


Grace Cathedral.  I'm ready to be rid of the ribbons.  It interferes with the volume of the space:


This is the gingerbread house in the Fairmont.  It's really nice but it's hard to get away from the fact that it's gingerbread attached to a wooden frame.  It's really tall but it smacks of cheating:



Christmas in the Fairmont:


I headed to the gym for a spin and then strength class and then hobbled home for dinner.  I'd been moving all day and was completely exhausted but it was worth it.  Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment