Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tuesday I went for a walk over lunch and was delighted to see PETA protesting at Hermes.  PETA never fails to deliver the funny and I think that's why they aren't more effective.  The sign and the girl on the table splattered with blood had a lot of impact and would have been best on their own.  But the crazy people with the signs, one of whom loudly accused me of complicity in the destruction of alligator families, made me roll my eyes and stop caring about whatever message they were trying to shout at me.  Then I started thinking about the horrible alligators in Florida where my mom lives and how gross they are and how I worry about the dogs getting eaten.  Then I realized that at the end of the day I could give two shits about alligators and that the only thing about Hermes that I object to is their price points.  Finally I wondered if I they had less expensive alligator accessories at the prada store across the street.  The last stage is acceptance:


I headed to Japantown where I discovered much to my delight that they had opened a Tony Moly store just two days earlier.  Tony Moly is a Korean skin care company that is all shades of awesome.  Their 'shiny foot' peel has left mine resembling human feet for the first time in recent memory.  I got some pics from their Grand Open:




I popped into the cathedral for got some space age pics:





I saw this cool mural in the Tenderloin on my way back to work.  Super cool:


After work I headed to the gym which kicked my ass.  I hadn't done body pump in 2 weeks and it's very hard.  Then I rode on a bike for an hour and then went home.  I had dinner and went to bed.  I was beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment